PARENTS AS TEACHERS
Are you expecting a child?
Do you have a child age 0-3?
If yes, you might be interested in the
Mid-Del Schools Parents as Teachers Program.
This is a FREE, voluntary program for ALL families
Including single parents, first-time parents,
And expectant parents.
SERVICES OFFERED :
Monthly personal visit by a certified parent educator
Toy/Book lending resource center
Parent education seminars
Parents Day Out
For further information call 739-1720.
TOP TEN REASONS WHY YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN PARENTS AS TEACHERS
1. You are your child's first teacher.
2. PAT helps you identify your strengths in becoming your child's BEST teacher.
3. 95% of participating parents rate PAT as "very helpful."
4. 85% of parents report the program helped them to better understand child development.
5. PAT children have better language skills and are 2 times as likely to be reading ready by kindergarten.
6. PAT children are more advanced in language, problem solving, and other cognitive abilities and social development.
7. Parents learn what is age appropriate development for their child.
8. PAT parents engage in more language and literacy promoting behavior with their children.
9. Information is all based on reliable and current research in child development and neuroscience.
10. You receive personal time with a parent educator focusing on YOUR child and having fun while learning.
For more information or to enroll in the Parents as Teachers Program,
please call 739-1720.