Elementary Teaching and Learning
Mid-Del Public Schools offers innovative education at each of our seventeen (17) elementary schools. We are committed to providing educational programs focused upon high expectation, excellence and meeting the diverse student needs. In addition to a comprehensive academic program, a character education program, Character Counts!, is an integral part of student experiences at the elementary level.
Highlights of the Mid-Del elementary program include:
- Half-time Pre Kindergarten and full-time Kindergarten programs at every Mid-Del elementary School.
- Reading Specialists at all Title I Schools.
- Technology incorporated as an integral part of each elementary school with 1:1 initiatives. Wireless Internet access in all schools with options of either PC or Mac computers that house research-based software to ensures that students benefit from all technology resources.
- Media centers which support the total academic program through extensive collections of materials for students’ use.
- Hands-on, inquiry-based, science instruction designed to ensure students master state science standards.
- Conceptual approach in mathematics instruction designed to ensure students master state math standards.
- Spanish instruction to all fourth and fifth grade students.
- Before/after-school and summer enrichment and remediation programs.
- Advanced Learning teachers and Special Education services at every school.
- Full-time Guidance Services at every school.
- Additional elective offerings of Art, Music, Drama, Physical Education are available at various schools.
Click on the links below for more information:
Early Childhood Information
Questions and Answers
Student Expectations Handbook
Mr. Johnny Thompson, Director of Elementary Teaching and Learning
firstname.lastname@example.org or 405.737.4461, ext. 1220
Mrs. Sherri Mitchell, Executive Secretary
email@example.com or 405.737.4461, ext. 1223