ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists the Principal in the overall Administration of the school.
2. Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of successful and research-based instructional strategies, methods and materials.
3. Analyzes test results (CRT, EOI, PSAT, ACT, AP, Bench Marks, etc.) of "feeder" schools as well as of home site in terms of strengths, challenges, and disaggregated data in order to establish specific areas of focus; works with Teachers individually and in Department settings to collaboratively establish a "plan of action" based on the data-identified needs.
4. Plays a significant role with the leadership of the Principal in developing, implementing and reporting the site goals as set forth in the Academic Performance Index (API) plan, strategies and accountability measures.
5. Works with Teachers individually and in groups to coach and to help improve instructional strategies and methods with work in areas including, but not limited to, lesson plan construction, "shifting gears" in the Block and maximizing teaching time, matching classroom objectives with assessment tools, improving classroom management, assuring technology integration, beginning each class session appropriately, sequencing the day's lesson with previous learning experiences while laying the foundation for future learning, providing some guided practice time, assigning independent practice, and implementing appropriate closure to the class session.
6. Works with Teachers individually and in groups to match materials with course requirements and competencies in both adoption and supplemental arenas.
7. Prioritizes the Effective Schools Correlates (First Generation and Second Generation) in instructional practices and procedures: Maintaining a clear, focused mission; Emphasizing the Administrator as an instructional leader; Maintaining an appropriate climate for teaching and learning; Insisting upon high expectations for all students; Facilitating frequent assessment with immediate feedback; Maximizing time on task; Building and Safeguarding positive relationships with parents.
8. Prioritizes the leading components of the Baldrige Educational Criteria as an instructional culture: Focusing on stakeholder needs; Committing to continuous improvement because it will never go out of style; Knowing and using the data and the research; Fixing systems as opposed to blaming people.
9. Attends all Department Meetings to provide appropriate leadership, input, book study guidance and staff development.
10. Works with Department Chairs through regular meetings to strengthen their instructional skills while also sharing vital data and research-based methods to improve academic achievement and Teacher performance.
11. Provides Teacher Performance Assessment input as requested and defined by the Principal.
12. Provides Master Schedule input regarding Teacher strengths, course sequencing, etc. as requested by the Principal.
13. Assists the Principal as requested with considering Teaching candidates through interviewing, checking references, asking for writing samples, etc
14. Directly assists Teachers with bridging the "knowing - doing" gap.
15. Serves with patron, staff and/or student groups as requested in advancing educational activities and objectives.
16. Performs such other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the Principal may from time to time assign .