J. Michael Goff, Chemistry Teacher/Assistant Head Football Coach/Head Men's Golf Coach/FCA sponsor/Father to two wonderful children/Husband to one wonderful wife.
1st period 7:45-8:35 Chemistry
2nd period 8:40-9:30 Chemistry
3rd period 9:35-10:30 Pre AP Chemistry
4th period 10:35-11:25 Pre AP Chemistry
5th period 12:10-1:00 Chemistry
6th period 1:05-1:55 Plan
7th period 2:00-???? Football/Boys Golf
The Chemistry Syllabus
C ourse Description
Study inorganic matter including
Homework will be assigned frequently over the materal covered in
Project and Paper:
These may be assigned and grading will be determined based on
Quizzes will be given frequently throughout the semester. Except
The laboratory section of this class is very important. A lab report is
Extra credit will NOT be assigned on an individual basis. You will
Exams will be given after one or two chapters, depending on their length
Late Work and Absences:
All assignments are due BEFORE the beginning class bell, unless
1. You are expected to be ready to begin class when the bell rings.
2. You are expected to do your own work and try your best.
3. You are expected to follow all safety precautions during an
4. You are expected to let me know if you are having and troubles
5. You are expected to treat others and all school property with
1. Have an understanding of the physical and chemical properties of
2.Become familiar with the metric system.
3.Be able to use the periodic table to predict physical and chemical
4.Have an understanding of atomic structure.
5. Be able to solve problems using dimensioned analysis and report
6. Be able to predict product of simple chemical reactions, balance
7. Be able to name compounds and write formulas for ionic
8. Be able to name problems involoving stoichiometry.
9. Have an understanding of solids, liquids and gases at the particle level.
10. Be able to solve gas law problems.
11. Be able to write Lewis dot structures for molecules and tell the
12. Have an understanding of ionic and covalent bonding.
13. Be familiar with basic laboratory techniques, equipment,